This may sound familiar to those who knew me in the Opich and at home too! And to those who still believe that I drink it only to loose weight (If this were the case I would have given Bipasha a big competition…lols :p )
Well I chose you my dear Green Tea as the second post because I want to make everyone realize why you are so important for me 🙂
Why and how it originated is a thing of History and I know many of us are not interested in that. 😉
But what it does for our over all health & beauty is what I am more interested in talking about.
These pretty little leaves can prove to be a blessing in disguise… every sip counts lols… yes!!! every sip of this lovely green water ensures that you are gaining good health. Hmm I am just trying to sum them up here:
- Well for starters many of you are right.. green tea is really rich in Catechin Polyphenols- they intensify the level of fat oxidation and the rate at which our body turns food into calories.. means it can surely help you in maintaining your lovely figure.
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) Antioxidants (this name must be familiar 🙂 )- this wonderful property of green tea keeps our body free of the harmful free radicals.. in turn helping out to keep the wrinkles at bay, inhibits signs of ageing. Also helps in rebuilding the cells of our body and keeping them healthier for longer.
- Prevents Tooth Decay- Catechin in tea can destroy the harmful bacteria which clung to out teeth.
- Its anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties also help in preventing throat infection to a large extent.
- Helps in lowering Cholesterol– Polyphenols in green tea blocks cholestrol from being absorbed in the body and helps in getting rid of the previous one too.
- As it contains Caffeine (not as much as in coffee) it gives relief from depression and headaches too.
- It also helps the people suffering from Diabetes by regulating the glucose levels. A cup of green tea after food ensures slow rise of blood sugar.
- A study says that four cups of green tea a day could provide enough of the active compound to slow and prevent the growth of cancer cells.
- Also prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by keeping the brain cells from dying and restoring the damaged cells.
- It also inhibits abnormal formation of blood clots.
With so many health benefits listed here, I believe nobody would ask me now why I drink green Tea. :p
But the sad part is that excess of everything is bad 😦 and same is the case with Green Tea alcho…
If you drink it before bed time (like me 2-3 cups at night) you may suffer from Insomnia. lols this explains why I am always awake at night. 😀
And Green Tea contains Tannis which can increase the absorption of iron and folic acid (which is not good for pregnant women).
Though its good to drink 4-5 cups of green tea in a day. 🙂
This liquid has some beauty benefits too.. which I will add in my next post.. :p
…………to be continued!!