I was an avid reader of many beauty blogs and from there I came to know about FabIndia. I love things which have minimal chemical content in them so that’s why I really wanted to try products from FabIndia.
“Fabindia is India’s largest private platform for products that are made from traditional techniques, skills and hand-based processes.”
The first product I bought from this brand was Neem Tulsi gel face and body scrub. I am a die hard fan of scrubs to pamper my skin:D. They make the skin so soft and radiant. 🙂
For me buying a product isn’t very easy. I take my own time to read what the company has to say about it’s products. Hehe.. I read everything from the description to the ingredients (and of course the price :)).
FabIndia: Our body and face gel scrub, especially formulated for daily use is made with natural active ingredients. It gently exfoliates the skin leaving you feeling refreshed and invigorated all day long.
I have highlighted the points which made me pick this scrub :).
Then came the Ingredients listed on it: Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Walnut Shell Powder, Carbopol 940, Aloe Vera Extract, Neem Leaves, Phenoxyethanol, Lactic Acid, Tulsi Oil, Allantoin, Neem Oil.
Except the three highlighted names everything was familiar. Another reason of purchasing it.
Price: Rs. 250 for 100g.
So happily I paid for this scrub and came home eager to use it. The plastic used in making the tub isn’t very sturdy. And sometimes it takes a little longer to close the cap. The scrub inside the tub is a little on the thinner side however, the white lid on it helps in avoiding any spillage.
Okies.. now the moment I opened the tub, I was greeted with mixed fragrance of Neem and Tulsi. And I loved it because the scrub inside was showing the presence of the main product. Broken leaves were smiling back at me as if saying, ‘Searching for us..huh??’ hehe 🙂
It has it so its flaunting it..see :p
The scrub particles are small and without hurting me they are doing their job pretty well.
Coming back to the ingredients now, it is actually worth knowing about them. I am sure you are going to love this scrub after reading this.
- It has Neem oil which helps in giving glowing skin, also keeps the pimples and acne at bay. It also soothes out the skin.
- Tulsi (Holy Basil) purifies the skin and also has antiseptic properties.
- Presence of Aloe Vera gives a cooling effect to the skin when applied. It also helps in reducing pigmentation and brightens up the skin.
- Lactic Acid: Though the word Acid scares me but this is a blessing in disguise. It actually has anti-ageing properties, hydrates the skin. It acts as an exfoliant and astringent too.
- Propylene Glycol: It acts as an humescent (means it retains the moisture in the skin)
- Allantoin promotes healing of the skin. It is non toxic 😀 It helps in minimising the appearence of blemishes by promoting the growth of healthy tissues.
- Phenoxyethanol: Is used as a preservative and as an alternative for Parabens. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad about it being present in this. 😦 For more information on this click here.)
- Carbomer 940 is a thickening Agent.
So it has just one ingredient which can bother me 😀 and I would rather say, ‘I am not minding you much’.
I have been using this for the past one month (thrice in a week and only on face, neck and hands) and I would say it’s actually working. It makes my skin so soft instantly and brightens it up. It is helping in solving some of the skin problems like acne and their goodbye gifts (the marks they leave huh!). I love to use it because the after effects just amaze me. So with the presence of so many beneficial things it’s proving its worth.
Good things about this product:
- It’s made up of really good ingredient to solve common skin problems.
- Makes the skin ‘Oh so Soft‘ Googly Woogly Woosh types.
- Gives skin an instant glow and makes it radiant.
- Its good for daily use.
- The quantity they are offering is good (Less than 100g would have bothered me).
Not so Good things about it:
- Plastic used in making of the tub isn’t very sturdy. It may even break if you accidently drop it.
- The Tub packing is Unhygienic (Wash your hands before digging in it else, keep a little spoon with this).
- Because of the little runny consistency the product gets wasted sometimes.
- “Makes my hand touch my face often to feel the softness.. lols (hhehe not a con)”
Still I am loving it and will re-purchase after finishing this one.
Do let me know in case you buy this or you have already used this before in the comments section below. 🙂
PS: I bought it from the FabIndia Outlet in Rajouri Garden (In the Karim’s lane).