Heyooo….. I am back with another product from FabIndia. 🙂
Being an oily skinned girl I find toner very effective and essential part of my daily face care routine. Skipping it is like I am missing something important. I was very happy with rose-water, during the initial days when I knew nothing about toners.. and it used to be such a refreshing feeling then.
Though the cleanser takes out most of the impurities from the face, toner starts helping the face from where the cleanser left! It actually sucks out the impurities still left on the face and tightens the pores left open by the cleanser. It tries to keep the acne away from your skin and also hydrates it.
I have tried many toners and just wanted to show off the one I am currently loving!
FabIndia is actually doing it’s best in making some fabulous skin care products.
Tea Tree is known to keep the acne away from your skin, still I had a very bad experience with the Oriflame Tea Tree Face Wash. Half way through that bottle in the hope that it will make them disappear.. huh it proved me wrong these little hills were growing at a rapid pace on my face! I stopped using it and thought of never using Tea Tree ever again! I started hating it so much that I left my Lush Tea Tree water unused for so long!
Then one day when I entered a place full of natural products my myth was busted! I was in a hurry and so confused about the toners available there. So this lovely lady came for rescuing me from the dilemma. When I told her I have oily acne prone skin she handed me the Tea Tree Toner. I was upset as i was eyeing the Lavender one and narrated her the experience I had with Oriflame :/. She actually coaxed me into buying this one to see the difference. And this is how it landed at the billing counter.
Here’s what FabIndia says about this, ‘An alcohol free skin toner with Tea Tree oil that controls sebum and clears blemishes’.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Imid Urea, Tea Tree Oil, Salicylic Acid, Neem Extract, Turmeric Extract.
200ml for Rs. 150 (not much of a gamble, if you like it then nice quantity at less price and if you don’t haha… some home made therapies by your side :p)
Here’s what the ingredients claim to do:
- Propylene Glycol: It acts as a humescent (means it retains the moisture in the skin)
- Phenoxyethanol: Is used as a preservative and as an alternative for Parabens. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad about it being present in this.
- Polysorbate 20: used as a solubilizer for fragrance or essential oils.
- Imid Urea: an antimicrobial preservative used in cosmetics.
- Tea Tree Oil: It is a natural antiseptic, kills bacteria from the pores as well. Removes excess oil from the skin. Also helps a lot in controlling acne. Oh ya.. and it also gives cooling effect to the skin.
- Salicylic Acid: It removes the dirt from skin, improves blood circulation. It has so many benefits please click here to know more about it (In case you open the link do not forget to read ‘Common benefits of using a Toner’ in that page.)
- Neem Extract: Again a powerful agent in keeping acne away.
- Turmeric Extract: It slows downs the ageing process, improves skin’s elasticity. It also brightens up the skin.
I love to educate myself on all the ingredients listed in a product. At least this way I know what all I am applying on my skin. The moment I opened the flip cap of the bottle a not-so-nice fragrance rushed out. Maybe because of the Neem, Turmeric and Tea Tree extracts.
I have been using it for the past one month and to tell you the truth it is something I would love to purchase again. It’s poles apart from my previous Tea Tree experience. It controls oil but for a shorter period of time (I am not blaming it the humid weather in Delhi is the culprit!). It’s been helping me to have a clear and fresher face with continuous use. And as expected of a toner it removes dirt and grime from the face.
With the price and quality like that I am definitely going to buy it again and again. Thank you FabIndia for making it. 😀