We use hands daily and make them work the most. Even if we are dressed nicely rough hands can be a major turnoff! And even if we have well moisturized hands, nails can actually make over all appearance unflattering (if they are not maintained properly). Women love to decorate them but sometimes nail polish is not the only answer to have healthy good looking nails. Like we all want to be happy from inside to have that glow on our face, nails also want that. Because everything needs pampering… right??
Read on to find some easy tips for Healthy nails:
- If you have the habit of applying a nail polish and forgetting about it completely… Beware!! slowly and gradually it will make your nails appear yellowish. Let them breathe in between the application sessions… and do not let the nail polish clung to your nails for more than 5 days.
- Try to avoid using your nails as a tool to perform tasks.
- Invest in a good cream/oil for your nails. And apply it daily at least before bed time.
- Olive/Almond/Mustard/Coconut oil can be used to give a good massage to the nails.
- Have a protein and calcium rich diet to ensure they remain healthy from within.
- Lemon can be rubbed on the nails to make them clean as it helps in removing stains and also makes them shine.
- Soaked raisins are rich in Iron, their intake will help the nails to remain healthy.
- Include cheese, milk and yogurt in your meals daily.
- Do not forget to take special care of the cuticle. Apply nail cream or oil generously over them to make them soft.
- Always use a good quality nail enamel remover. As the cheap ones only contain acetone which only remove the enamel but make them loose their healthy state.
- Beetroots are rich in calcium and Vitamin D, to promote healthy growth of your nails try to consume it daily.
- Drink water to prevent them from drying and peeling.
- Always wear gloves when dealing with detergents or while gardening.
- File your nails in one direction.
Happy Healthy Nails! 🙂